Rockdale Event 4 - Day 2
Internet Premium: 18%
See Special Terms for additional fees
See Special Terms for additional fees
Maps 1600-1940, atlas's, platbooks, collection of Baltic amber jewelry, Sports Collectibles, Bibles, Harper's Weekly, stamp collection, antique books, comic books, harbor, Geodetic & waterway maps..
Bailey's Honor Auction & Estate Service
- Internet Premium: 18%
- Participation Requirements: Valid Credit Card required for bidding approval
- Payment Options: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or Cash/Check at local pick up.
- 3% discount for cash (not checks) at pick up only
- Credit card on file will be charged unless you notify us (following receipt of your email/invoice) that you will be picking up.
- All sales are final.
- All items are sold as is where is.
- All online purchases not picked up will be shipped via The UPS Store at buyers expense.
PAYMENT FOR YOUR ITEMS:
- You'll receive an EMAIL with an attached invoice from Baileys Honor within 60 minutes of close of auction. This email will include information / instructions for pickup / shipping.
- 18% buyers premium added to final bid price.
- There is 5.1% sales tax for Wisconsin residents (or picking up from out of state).
- We accept cash (pick up only), local check with photo ID (pick up only), Online - Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- All unpaid buyer invoices will be charged to the buyer's credit card on file with the Proxibid APN system following local pick up session(s).
Please note the following regarding shipment for your items:
- Shipping for this auction is assumed unless you notify us that you will be picking up your items. Items are delivered to shipper next day, so notification is required prior.
- Shipping is done via our local UPS Store
- Questions regarding shipping need to be addressed before you purchase the item(s)
PREVIEW:Preview is by appointment the week of March 28th in small groups due to the amount of items. Please call our office at 262.569.8687 to schedule or for more info.
PICK UP / SHIPPING:Local Pick Up is available at:
94 Water Street in Rockdale, WI
Session 1: Thur, April 7th, from 2:30 to 7:00 pm.
Session 2: Fri, April 8th, from 10:00 to 2:00 pm.
Pick Up is combined for both auctions - come to either pick up for items from both days days.
Items MUST BE paid for and removed on the scheduled pick up times.
Notification of pick up is required (following the auction / receipt of your invoice) so that your items are sorted for pickup. Replying to the invoice receipt is the easiest, or you may call 262-569-8687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping is also available at buyer expense via the UPS Store. This is a separate transaction arranged and paid for with The UPS Store.
- Ornithology by James DeKay, Albany 1844
- 380 pages and over colored bird 120 plates
- four loose crow plates, from another book USPRR Surveys
- binding and cover wear noted, see images, gilt cover with bird image
- 11" x 10"
- see images for details on condition
- c. 1891, 32 large plates, USPRR surveys, 9" x 11.5", some brown spots on borders noted
- 21 small , one color 6" x 9.5", c. 1897, pages from Pennsylvania Fisheries by Busch
- hand colored
- center crease noted with brown spots on edges noted
- 28.5" x 21"
- sold by subscription only American Publishing Company London 1880
- 328 illustrations, three or four by Twain himself (without help)
- cover is off and tape binding is off, some foxing and page darkening noted, see images
- 6" x 8.5"
- 1240 pages
- some separation at cover, has paper dust cover to help hold together
- filled with engravings, illustrations, ads and stories, many about Civil War
- large bound book, 12" x 16.5"
- "translated from original tongues"
- has many engravings including frontispiece
- separation at covers noed and edge wear, see images
- Leather covered with clasps, damage noted, missing clasps
- large engravings
- foxing noted
- 11" x 13"
- blue textured covering, bubble design
- 1914 Part I
- 1915 Part II
- 1920 Part III
- Part II 1924
- 1925 Part II
- 1927 Part III
- owned by Rev Stern, very tight binding, hardly used
- birds and floral, 13" x 8"
- marquestry frame with oriental painting on tile, do not know what material it is, 4" x 3", pen decorated border, painted horse and riders
- complete, 82 pages
- pencil markes on inside front cover and first few blank pages, see images
- Township map of state of Wisconsin is heavily chipped, see images
- There are three version of page 35 and 36, one where page 35 is mismarked as page 30
- Page 50 map of Forest is printed upside down
- binding reinforced with tape
- colored maps, some browning noted and may have some foxing
- 14" x 18"
- 1844 Galerie des Personnages De Shakespeare Illustrations of the works of Shakespeare
- filled with engravings, gold page edges, see images
- some foxing and light staining noted, ornate binding11" x 13" matted portrait engraving of Shakespeare
- complete 322 pages
- State and County Maps with Histories, geology, education and agriculture by Snyder, Van Vechten & Co Milwaukee
- reinforced binding and wear noted to covers, see images
- colored maps
- 91 pages elaborate engravings from schools of painting and ancient sculptures, by James Duncan
- covers and binding off, 10" x 13"
- as found, see images
- c mid 1600 and 1700's
- angels and architecture
- 6.5" x 9.5", 7 x 10.5" (1622), 11" x 12.5" (mounted on heavy paper)
- see images
- Atlas, A New General Atlas Arrowsmith. 9" x 11", some brown spots noted
- History of England, woman on wagon, Smollett, 7" x 10.5", some browning noted
- 1837 Atlas of Ireland, 8" x 11", some browning noted
- Garden Botanist, cherubs with chariot, 1812, Thorton,21" x 15", center crease
- wear noted to covers and bindings, see images
- mottled book covers and page edges
- filled with illustrations
- Two maps of Africa, 12" x 17.5" (North and South part-some stains noted), and London printing Raplan 17" x 14.5" matted
- complete 130 pgs plus patron business listings
- some reinforced tape binding interior,
- map of Europe at pages 108 and 109 is numbered 138 and 139, see images
- 14" x 18"
- July to Dec, cover missing for Nov (remainder of magazine appears to be there)
- great color covers and ads
- see images
- 12" x 14" and 2.5" thick
- some staining and wear to binding and covers
- brilliant design and color
- 11" x 11.5"
- very nice condition
- May and June covers are missing, but appears to have remainder of pages
- nice ads
- see images for more details
- 12" x 14", 3" thick