Thompson – Carr
1. Video Surveillance- Thompson Carr is under 24 hour video surveillance; shoplifters will be prosecuted.
2. Thompson Carr retains the right to govern goods and services sold to clients and to maintain the level and integrity of our business.
3. The Sale of Items- Thompson Carr has the right to terminate the auction at any reasonable time; withdrawal from sale any item; to sell at this auction items not listed; to group one of more lots into one or more selling lots or to subdivide into two lots or more selling lots. The auction company also reserves the right to sell all of the items listed in bulk.
4. No Liability- Thompson Carr assumes no liability for your purchases (if you buy a lawnmower, bulldozer, or other such item, and you don’t know how to use it and get injured, we are not liable). The buyer assumes and does agree to indemnify and hold the Auction Company and seller harmless from any future claim that shall pertain to the fitness or use of that asset being purchased.
5. Documents- All documents must be completed in full by buyers and sellers. For example: Death Certificates, Letters of Authority, Creditor Liens, and UCC’s when purchasing vehicles, firearms, etc.
6. Loading Equipment- Thompson –Carr does not lend, lease, or borrow any equipment, nor deliver sold goods.
7. Consignors- All consignors must fill out a contract with Thompson - Carr, sign forms and abide by our terms listed.
8. Bidders- All bidders must register for bidder’s numbers with proper ID.
9. Payment- Purchases must be paid in full within 15 minutes of conclusion of the auction. Payment may be made by Visa or MasterCard with no extra fees. Buyer specifically waves the right to dispute or deny payment for any purchases made with credit card.
10. Removal- No goods will be removed until paid in full. Purchaser is responsible for removal of all purchased items. No abandonment of purchased items is allowed. Purchaser will be responsible to pay the full cost of removal or disposal of abandoned items. Auction Company shall not, in any event, be liable for non-removal or abandonment or for any other matter to any purchaser of any lot.
11. Paid Receipt- Removal of purchased items shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the purchaser. Purchases can be removed upon presentation of paid receipt to Auction staff. Purchases may be paid for and removed at any time during the auction as long as the auction is not disrupted by this activity. Purchased goods must be removed within 2 days or sold for storage in our gallery.
12. NSF Funds- A fee for Non-sufficient Funds (NSF) checks per occurrence will be charged.
13. NO CREDIT ALLOWED
14. Reserve Prices- Any item that Thompson – Carr agrees to sell with reserve must have a tagged reserve price that is subject to our commissions. Vehicles sell with owner’s confirmation.
15. Bidding- No consignor, seller, or agent for seller has that right to bid on their consigned goods.
16. Employee Bidding- Any employee of Thompson - Carr may bid at any auction if they so wish to purchase an item.
17. Compliance With The Terms of Sale- In default of payment of bills in full within the time announced for this auction the Auction Company in addition to all other remedies allowed by law, may retain all monies received as deposit or otherwise, as liquidated damages.I
18. Sold Items- All items become the sole responsibility of the purchaser when auctioneer confirms your number as successful bidder. Although the auction company will exhibit reasonable care to safeguard purchases until removed by purchaser, no refunds or adjustments will be allowed for any shortages. We are NOT responsible for stolen or lost goods.
19. Keeping Order- Auctioneers have the right to refuse service or eject any person obstructing the auction process.
20. Buyer’s Premium- Auction Company has the right to charge a 10% Buyer’s Premium which belongs to the Auction Company. The Buyers Premium plus sales tax will be added to the bid price to equal the total purchase price paid for auction items.
21. Appraisals are NO guarantee of auction prices; nor can we establish a value for sentimental reasons.
22. The Auction Company, when acting as Agent, is not responsible for the act of its principals.
23. NO Warranties- Everything is sold “AS IS/WHERE IS” with no warranties, representation or guarantees expressed, implied or otherwise given. All sales are final.
24. Sales Tax- Sales tax will be charged and collected on all purchases, as required by appropriate state/local laws. Sales tax exemption number, where applicable, must be presented at the time of bidder registration. To qualify for any available exemption, buyer must sign any required form.
25. Dispute between Bidders- If there is any dispute between two or more bidders, the auction company or its’ auctioneer, may decide the successful bidder. The decision of the auction company, or its’ auctioneer, shall be final and absolute.
26. Condition of Items Sold- All information is believed to be accurate, but the auction company shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness of or defect in any lot, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance will be made or sale set aside on account of any incorrectness, error in cataloging or any imperfection not noted. No deduction will be allowed on damaged articles as all goods being exposed for public exhibition are sold “as is” and without recourse.
27. Nominal bids- Any bid that is merely a nominal bid may be rejected by the Auction Company or the Auction Company may reject fractional advances, if in his judgment it may adversely affect the sale.
28. Absentee (proxy) Bids - Absentee bids may be presented to the auction company in writing and must be accompanied by credit/debit card number, which will be verified for you maximum bid amount and applicable Buyer’s Premium prior to the sale. Buyer may deliver to auction company maximum bid in certified funds to be refunded in full, if Buyer does not gain the successful bid. Said bids are subject to all terms and conditions of sale as listed herein or announced at the auction sale. All absentee bids will be held in confidence. Auction Company may have a principal interest in this sale. Seller may NOT bid on his/her own items at auction.
29. Personal and Property Risk- Persons attending during exhibition, sale or removal of goods assume all risks of damage or loss to person and property and specifically release and indemnify the Auction Company from liability therefore. Neither the Auction Company nor his principal or seller shall be liable by reason of any defect in or condition of the premises in which the sale is held.
30. Records- The record of sale kept by the Auction Company, the audio tape of the auction and the bookkeeper records will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
31. Cancellation- If seller cancels an auction for any reason there will be a minimum cancellation fee of $1,000 plus any out of pocket expenses such as advertising, labor, set up etc.