Internet Premium: 10.00%Sales Tax : 9.5% - Sales tax applied to invoice total, including Internet Premium.Participation Requirements: Valid Credit Card required for bidding approvalPayment Options: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Money Order Visa MasterCard Discover Payment Instructions: Successful buyers will be notified Monday morning, November 18, 2013 and receive detailed payment options. There is a 10% buyer's premium added to all auction purchases. Washington State sales tax will be applied to all auction invoices. A Reseller Permit, Buyers Retail Sales Tax Exemption Certificate, Streamlined Sales Tax exemption certificate, or Multi-State Tax exemption certificate is required at time of registration for all buyers who wish to qualify for tax exemption. Payment methods include Visa, Mastercard, Discover, & Money Order. All lots must be paid for by Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 3:30pm. Buyer is responsible for payment for all successful bids. All outstanding invoices after payment deadline will be charged to the buyer's credit card used to register for the auction as per terms and conditions. All lots must be removed no later that Friday, November 22, 2013 at 3:30pm. Currency Type: USDShipping Instructions: All lots will be available for pickup at the UW Surplus Warehouse. Items can be removed Monday, November 18 through Friday, November 22, 2013 from 8:00am to 3:30pm daily. Buyer is responsible for removal of lots purchased by Friday, November 22, 2013 at 3:30pm.
Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs and arrangements. Buyer's name MUST be listed as shipper on all shipping documentation.Preview Date & Times: Friday, November 15, 2013 from 10:00am - 6:00pm &
Saturday, November 16, 2013 from 8:00am - 10:00amCheckout Date & Times: Items can be removed Monday, November 18 through Friday, November 22, 2013 from 8:00am to 3:30pm daily. See auction terms and conditions.Location: 4515 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA Driving Directions: FROM I-5 SOUTHBOUND:
Take Exit 172 toward NE 80th Street. Turn left at NE 80th Street. Take the first right onto Banner Way NE. Continue onto NE 75th Street. Turn right at 25th Ave NE.
FROM I-5 NORTHBOUND:
Take Exit 168B to merge onto WA-520E toward Bellevue/ Kirkland. Take the Montlake Blvd Exit toward the University of Washington. Turn left at Montlake Blvd East. Take slight left at 25th Ave NE.
Announcements made by the Auctioneer at the time of the sale take precedence over printed matter.
1. All items are sold "AS-IS, WHERE-IS." The University of Washington makes no guaranty, warranty or representation expressed or implied as to the quantity, kind, size, quality, weight, or description of any of the property or its fitness for any use or purpose whatsoever.
2. Buyers are responsible for their purchases when the auctioneer says "sold." The accepted bid at an auction is an oral contract and is legally binding. The auctioneer reserves the right to reopen the bid in the best interest of the University of Washington. All sales are final. The university is not responsible for any damage or loss of items after the bid is awarded.
3. Buyers may begin payment as soon as the bid information reaches the office. Cash, money order, cashier's check, or Visa/MasterCard/Discover will be accepted during and after the sale. Payments must be completed by 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 21, 2013. The cashier will be open until 3:30p.m. November 16, it will be closed on Sunday. Cashier hours for Monday, November 18 through Thursday, November 21, 2013 are 8:00am to 3:30pm. No personal or business checks will be accepted. There is a 10% buyer's premium added to all auction purchases. Washington State sales tax will be applied to all auction invoices. A Reseller Permit, Buyers Retail Sales Tax Exemption Certificate, Streamlined Sales Tax exemption certificate, or Multi-State Tax exemption certificate is required at time of registration for all buyers who wish to qualify for tax exemption. Buyer is responsible for payment for all successful bids. All outstanding invoices after payment deadline will be charged to the buyer's credit card used to register for the auction as per terms and conditions. Any item not paid for by the deadline may be returned to the sales floor and will be eligible for resale.
4. After payment is received, Surplus Property will issue an invoice marked “Paid” to the buyer. Buyer or buyer’s agent will be required to show this invoice to the warehouse staff, who will remove the items from the warehouse to the loading area. You are not allowed to remove your items from the warehouse. However, you are responsible for the removal of all your purchases from the loading area. You are not allowed to dump any item into the dumpsters located in and around the loading area. All items must be removed by 3:30pm on November 22, 2013. Removal hours for Monday, November 18 through Friday, November 22, 2013 are 8:00am to 3:30pm. Any item not removed by the deadline may be returned to the sales floor and will be eligible for resale. Dollies, carts, etc. are not included in the sale of items unless specified in the catalog and must be returned to the warehouse after items have been removed.
5. Failure to pay for your purchases or failure to remove your merchandise by the given deadline may result in forfeiture. In either case, your name may be removed from the mailing list. In addition, future bids from those bidders not in compliance with the Terms and Conditions of sale may not be accepted by this office. (RCW 43.19.1911 & RCW 43.19.1913)
6. Purchaser is solely responsible for the removal of all items in the lots purchased. No private sales or trades will be allowed on University of Washington property. Individuals observed engaging in such activity may not be allowed to participate in future auctions.
7. The University of Washington reserves the right to refuse any bid in the best interest of the university.
Buyers are recommended to remove any University of Washington and/or State of Washington property tags from items purchased.
All property is sold “AS IS”, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. University of Washington Surplus may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall University of Washington Surplus be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
Bidders who bid from off site and are not present at the live auction or preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. University of Washington Surplus shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it.
University of Washington Surplus will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.
University of Washington Surplus is providing Internet pre-auction and live bidding as a service to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against University of Washington Surplus or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. University of Washington Surplus will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins if applicable. University of Washington Surplus reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.