Terms and Conditions
1) GENERAL: All property is sold “AS IS”, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet, via phone, and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Descriptions in the catalog are opinion. They are written as an aid to potential bidders. We acknowledge that there may be errors in what is written. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. The description of all items is opinion only and/or information from the Consignor of the item. TGP is not responsible for verifying the information given from the Consignor, that is at the duty of the buyer/bidder. There are no refunds, returns or charge backs.
2) BUYERS PREMIUM: All bid prices will be subject to a buyer’s premium payable by the purchaser of 15% of the bid price. The premium is added to your successful bid and the two together equal the total purchase price. Some items are exempt from Illinois sales tax and others may be subject to Illinois sales tax or local sales tax. The tax is computed on the total purchase price.
3) FIREARM LAWS: All Federal and State firearm laws will be observed. All transfer and shipping of guns is handled by New Salem Firearms (NSF), a licensed FFL dealer. All Illinois bidders must have a FOID card to bid and purchase guns and ammo. All firearms may be picked up locally (all legal requirements must be met) or will be sent to a registered FFL dealer in your area. For firearms that are being shipped, it is the buyer’s responsibility to find a FFL dealer in their area and pay that FFL dealer’s fees. ALL buyers must pay the below described handling fee, regardless if you are a FFL or not. No exceptions. For guns being picked up locally, a 3-day waiting period is mandatory for all handguns and a 24-hour waiting period on all longarms. Dealers must have in their possession on the day of sale, signed copies of their Federal Firearms License in order to accept same-day delivery of any firearms. For CTR license holders, TGP &/or NSF take no responsibility for determining if a gun is an antique or otherwise CTR eligible. The burden of proof of antiquity is the buyer’s responsibility and, as such, the buyer must send the appropriate documentation to NSF, prior to shipping or receipt of the firearm. (NOTE: Illinois firearm laws are more restrictive than Federal laws, i.e., many guns (blackpowder guns, airguns, and antique guns are considered regulated weapons in Illinois and may be shipped only to FFL & CTL dealers only.)
4) HANDLING FEE: To insure our customers the lowest fees when purchasing firearms we charge a “Handling Fee” this fee includes: 1) our local FFL transfer, 2) Shipping (including insurance) and 3) Packaging. This fee does not include any FFL transfer or other fees that the buyer/bidder’s local FFL, to which the gun has been shipped, may charge. New Salem Firearms is the local registered FFL dealer that handles all gun transfers and shipping for TGP. Please see the “Handling Fee” scale below:
Handling Fee Chart
Non-FFL Dealers: $17.00 for the 1st gun
$15 after the 1st per gun.
FFL Dealers & Collectors: $12.00 for the 1st gun
$10 after the 1st per gun.
*Multiple gun discount aval.
$50 per gun
*Multiple gun discount aval. after 5 guns.
Handling fees include, shipping, insurance, FFL transfer (our end only) and handling.
**all Illinois Residents must pay sales tax on new firearms. Please check lot information to see if its a new firearm and tax is required.
FAX ALL FFL INFORMATION TO 217-632-7505 ATTN: NEW SALEM FIREARMS
5) NON-FIREARM PURCHASES: If your item is not a firearm, your credit card will be charged twice 1) for the purchase and 2) for the shipping. Shipping is done with 10 days of the auction and is charged to the buyer. Shipping cost is the sole responsibility of the buyer. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure correct shipping. TGP will work within reason with shipping co. obtained & scheduled by the buyer to ship oversized & over-weight items to the buyer. TGP is not responsible for any damage that may occur as the result of wrapping, loading/shipping of such items.
6) BIDDERS RESPONSIBITY: It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet, via phone, and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. The description of all items is opinion only and/or information from the Consignor of the item. TGP is not responsible for verifying the information given from the Consignor, that is at the duty of the buyer/bidder. At the announcement of “SOLD”, the highest bidder will have purchased the offered lot. This purchase is subject to all the terms and conditions set forth herein. The purchaser assumes full responsibility thereof and if requested will sign a confirmation of the purchase. The purchaser further agrees to pay the purchase price, buyer’s premium, handling fee and any other posted fees. All items purchased by successful bidders must be paid for in full the day of sale. All items purchased by absentee bidders must be paid for in full immediately upon notification. All property must be removed from our premises at the purchaser’s expense no later than 5:00 p.m. five days following the date of sale unless otherwise agreed. If the property is not removed, the property will be resold at the purchaser’s expense and a commission fee of 50%, plus storage fees will apply. We may apply against such obligations monies held or received by us for the account of, or owing to, the purchaser. Payment will not be deemed made in full until we have collected all amounts due in cash on good funds (by our definition). If the conditions of sale are not complied with, in addition to remedies available to us and the consignor by law, we hold the purchaser liable for the purchase price, buyer’s premium, and applicable handling fees. We at our option may either (1) cancel the sale, retain as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (2) resell the property either publicly or privately, and in such an event the purchaser shall be liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs and expenses of both sales and our commission at our standard rates. The purchaser is also responsible for all other charges due hereunder, i.e., attorney’s fees and incidental damages, etc. The bidder/buyer is responsible for all state and local regulations pertaining to the ownership and possession of any and all types of firearms. TGP and/or NSF will not be held liable in any way or manner for an individual who buys a firearm that is illegal in their locality. If such occurs and TGP is knowledgeable of such prior to shipping, procedures similar to those listed above for non-removal of purchased property will be applied. However, if items have already been shipped to an FFL or CTR dealer identified by the bidder/buyer, TGP and/or NSF is no longer responsible for the items sent nor will they be held liable for any legal ramifications of sending such items. TGP and/or NSF is not responsible for bidders/purchasers who do not read the terms and conditions provided before the auction. Bottom line is if you bid on it and you are successful you now own it.
7) RESERVES: Some items in this auction may be subject to reserve (the confidential minimum price). If a lot is offered with a reserve, we may implement that reserve by bidding on behalf of the consignor. If no opening bid is received we will pass the item. However once bidding is opened we will bid on behalf of the consignor to reach the reserve price. Items which are not reserved are sold at the auctioneer’s discretion.
8) SHIPPING: See handling fee for prices. All long guns/rifles are sent via United State Postal Service, unless noted differently. All handguns are shipped via Fedex Overnight, unless noted differently. NSF and TGP box and package all items at our facility to keep costs down for our customers. We are not responsible for lost or damaged items. We do include insurance on all items for the purchase price only. Large items too big for regular shipping will be handled on a case by case basis and TGP will work with the buyer to set up shipping.
9) FFL INFORMATION: All Federal and State firearm laws will be observed. All Illinois resident bidders must have a valid FOID card to bid on and pick up firearms and or ammunition. All guns and ammo that are to be shipped must be sent to a registered FFL dealer. New Salem Firearms will be conducting all FFL firearm transfers for Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate. If you have any questions regarding the transfers please contact the Auction house PRIOR to the auction. FFL's can be faxed to 217-632-7505 Attn: Larry Dale New Salem Firearms. www.newsalemfirearms.com
All items sell as is where is, no warranties express or implied. All sales are final. All State and Federal Firearm laws will be abided by, no exceptions! If you have questions on these terms and conditions, they must be asked PRIOR to the auction, not after. We are not responsible for bidders who do not read the terms and conditions before accepting them.