William H. Bunch Auctioneer and Appraiser, LLC will offer the property described in this catalogue, which description may be amended by salesroom notice or announcement, for sale on behalf of various consignors. Unless otherwise indicated in the catalogue, William H. Bunch, LLC will offer all property as agent for the seller. These CONDITIONS OF SALE and the LIMITED WARRANTY and ABSENCE OF OTHER WARRANTIES set forth below, together with any glossary contained herein, constitute the complete and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions on which all property is offered for sale. William H. Bunch, LLC reserves the right to vary terms of sale and any such variance shall become a part of these conditions of sale. By bidding at auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these conditions of sale.
1. As used in these conditions of sale, the term "final bid" means the highest bid acknowledged by the auctioneer and the term "purchase price" means the sum of the final bid plus the premium payable by the buyer, as set forth in Condition 4.
2. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer has the right to reject any bid, to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion and in the event of any dispute between bidders to determine the successful bidder, to continue the bidding or to reoffer and resell the lot in dispute. In the event of any dispute after the sale, William H. Bunch, LLC record of final sale shall be conclusive.
3. William H. Bunch, LLC reserves the right to withdraw any lot before the sale.
4. The purchase price payable by a buyer shall be the sum of the final bid plus a premium of 22% for purchases In addition, buyers are required to pay any sales tax, which may be due, unless exempted by law.
5. Title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer upon the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer and announcement by the auctioneer that the lot has been sold, subject to compliance by the buyer with all other conditions of sale. The buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and shall pay the full purchase price or such part thereof as the auction house, in its sole discretion, shall require. In addition, the buyer may be required to sign a confirmation of purchase.
6. No lot may be removed from William H. Bunch, LLC premises until the buyer has paid in full the purchase price thereof or has satisfied such terms as the auction house, in its sole discretion, shall require. Subject to the foregoing, all lots are to be paid for and removed from Bunch’s premises at the buyer’s expense no later than 4:30 p.m. of the fifth business day following the sale. The buyer of any lot which remains on Bunch’s premises later than 4:30 p.m. of the fifth business day following the sale will incur a charge for storage and handling of $10.00 per day for each lot. In addition to other remedies available by law, auction house reserves the right to impose a late charge of 1 ½% per month on the purchase price if the buyer does not make payment in full in accordance with these conditions of sale.
7. Bids which are submitted to William H. Bunch, LLC in writing or are otherwise left with Bunch’s prior to an auction for execution at or below a specified price, as well as telephone bids, shall be entertained and executed by William H. Bunch, LLC for the convenience of bidders not present at auction, but William H. Bunch, LLC shall not be responsible for failing to execute such bids or for errors relating to its execution of such bids.
8. Unless exempted by law, the buyer shall be required to pay any applicable Federal excise tax and state and local sales tax on the purchase price.
9. If the buyer fails to comply with any of these conditions of sale, Bunch’s may in addition to asserting all remedies by law, including the right to hold such defaulting buyer liable for the purchase price, (I) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages any payment made by the buyer, (ii) resell the property without reserve at public auction or privately on seven days notice to the buyer or (iii) take such other action as it deems necessary or appropriate. If William H. Bunch, LLC resells the property, the original defaulting buyer shall be liable for the payment of any deficiency in the purchase price and all costs and expenses, including warehousing, the expenses of both sales, reasonable attorneys’ fees, commissions, incidental damages and all other charges due here listed. In the event that such buyer pays a portion of the purchase price for any or all lots purchased, William H. Bunch, LLC shall apply the payment received to such lot or lots that William H. Bunch, LLC in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. Any buyer who fails to comply with these conditions of sale will be deemed to have granted William H. Bunch, LLC a security interest in, and Bunch’s may retain a collateral security for such buyer’s obligations to William H. Bunch, LLC any property in William H. Bunch, LLC possession owned by such buyer. William H. Bunch, LLC shall have the benefit of all rights of a secured party under the Uniform Commercial Code adopted in the state where the auction is held.
10. The respective rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the conditions of sale and the conduct of the auction shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the state of Pennsylvania. By bidding at an auction, whether present in person or by agent, by absentee bid, telephone or other means, the buyer shall be deemed to have consented to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state and Federal courts sitting in the state.
11. William H. Bunch, LLC may, in its discretion and as a service to buyers, arrange to have purchased lots packed, insured and forwarded at the request, expense and risk of the buyer. Bunch’s assumes no responsibility for acts or omissions in such packing or shipping by Bunch’s or other packers or carriers, whether or not recommended by William H. Bunch, LLC.
Buyer’s Premium and Sales Tax
Bidders are reminded that the purchase price to be paid by the highest bidder shall be the sum of the final bid plus 22% for purchases. In addition, buyers are required to pay any sales tax, which may be due, unless exempted by law.
Price Range Estimates
This catalogue may be published with the opinion of William H. Bunch, LLC as to the estimated price range for each lot. These estimates are the approximate prices expected to be realized at auction. They should not be relied upon as a prediction or guarantee of the actual selling price. They are well in advance of the sale and are subject to revision. The estimates printed in the auction catalogue do not include the buyer's premium.
The auctioneer will accept bids from bidders present in the salesroom, absentee bidders participating in the auction by telephone or internet and absentee bidders who leave written, or order, bids with William H. Bunch, LLC in advance of the auction. The auctioneer may also execute bids on behalf of the consignor to protect the reserve.
When bidders are unable to attend the sale, the auction house will be pleased to enter their absentee bids. These bids should always be made or confirmed in writing by fax or internet bid. Such bids will be executed at the lowest price taking into account the reserve price and other bids. If two or more parties have entered matching bids, the first bid received shall take preference. The auctioneer may execute bids for absentee bidders directly from the podium.
Telephone bids will also be executed for absentee bidders who wish to participate in the auction. Arrangements for telephone bidding must be confirmed in advance with the office, 610-558-1800. The staff will execute telephone bids from designated areas in the salesroom.
William H. Bunch, LLC will be pleased to provide a condition report for any lot on request. Nevertheless, prospective buyers are reminded that each lot is sold "as is", and their attention is drawn to the Important Notice set forth below.
All property is sold "as is", and neither William H. Bunch, LLC nor the seller makes any express or implied warranty or representation as to the condition of any lot offered for sale, and no statement made at any time, whether oral or written, shall constitute such warranty or representation. Descriptions or conditions are not warranties. The descriptions of the conditions of articles in this catalogue, including all references to damages or repairs, are provided as a service to interested persons and do not negate this paragraph. Accordingly, all lots should viewed by prospective buyers to evaluate the condition of the property offered for sale.