By bidding in a Kull’s Old Town Station auction, you agree to these terms: All sales made only in accordance with these terms. Please read them carefully. By registering to bid, or placing a bid, you accept and agree to abide by these terms.
BUYERS PREMIUM - a ten percent (10%) buyer’s premium will be added to each live successful bid. A thirteen percent (13%) buyer’s premium will be added to all online successful bids.
SALES TAX - Kansas sales tax will be collected on items sold to live bidders or shipped to Kansas. There is no sales tax on absentee bid purchases shipped out of state. Absentee buyers are responsible for complying with their home state tax requirements.
2. PAYMENT - Live bidders must pay before leaving the auction; Absentee bidders must supply credit card information when submitting bids. Payment may be by Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, Discover, cash, cashier’s check, wire transfer or certified funds. Live bidders may pay by check if pre-approved by obtaining a Bank letter of guarantee. If not pre-approved, pick-up of items may be delayed until check clears.
3. AS IS / WHERE IS - Generally, items in this auction are sold as is, where is, with no guarantee whatsoever, subject to the minor exceptions for absentee bidders listed in #5 below.
Guns and ammunition are specifically NOT warranted for shooting. Any used firearm should be inspected by a competent gunsmith for safety, function, and proper ammunition type before attempting to fire. Any description of mechanical function or condition does NOT mean the gun has been inspected or Okayed for shooting. Ammunition of unknown origin should not be fired, and the ammunition in this auction is sold for salvage of components or as collectibles only.
4. Accuracy of catalog & other descriptions is not guaranteed. Although we do our best to provide good descriptions, and enjoy a good reputation in this regard, no portion of any description is guaranteed. Such qualities as condition, age, origin, historical attribution, quality, originality, measurement, significance, percentage of finish, alteration, restoration, and estimated value are opinion only, and are not guaranteed. You are strongly urged to inspect each item on which you bid, and to base your bids on your own opinions and observations. Estimates are our guesses as to what the lot might sell for. A lot may sell lower or higher than the estimate.
5. Limited right to contest sale for absentee bidders in case of mis-identification of item. If an absentee bidder believes that an item purchased has not been correctly identified in the boldface type portion of the description, he may notify the auctioneer in writing stating his objections, and return the item for review by the auctioneer as to the accuracy of the identification. Such notice must be received by the auctioneer no later than 21 days after sale date. If the auctioneer, in his sole judgment, agrees that the boldface portion of the description mid-identified the item, he will refund the purchase price, including buyer’s premium, but not the shipping. All shipping costs borne by buyer.
6. SHIPPING & REMOVAL - Purchase is final upon the auctioneer’s pronouncement of “sold”, and buyer assumes all risk & responsibility for the purchase at this point. Buyer must remove items day of sale unless other arrangements have been made. On most cataloged items, Old Town Station will pack & ship for you if you wish at your expense & risk. Basic shipping charges inside the continental U.S. are expected to be $40 for the first long gun, plus $20 for each additional that can be packed in the same box; antique handguns or modern handguns shipped to FFL Dealers for $25 for a single handgun, $15 for each additional handgun in the same box. Federal law requires that C&R handguns shipped to C&R FFL licensees go via common carrier next day service, and the usual charge for this will be around $60 for the first handgun, plus additional for additional items in the same box. These are average estimates, oversize, special packing, etc., would cost extra. SHIPPING QUESTIONS - 785-862-8800
Please bear with us- shipping normally takes about 4-6 weeks after the auction to complete. We ship Firearms first. If you purchase non gun items or hard to ship items these items may be shipped last.
7. SALE OF FIREARMS - All sales of firearms will be in strict compliance with all firearms laws & regulations.
ANTIQUE, MUZZLE-LOADING & AIR GUNS - Marked “antique” or “non-ffl” in catalog. These may be picked up the day of sale, or may be shipped directly to absentee bidders unless your local or state law has restricts this. It is our policy not to sell these items to individuals who would not be eligible to purchase modern firearms. By bidding on these, you represent that you are not a minor, convicted felon, drug addict, illegal alien, mentally defective individual, or other person who would be restricted from buying modern firearms, and that such purchase is legal your home area. Absentee bidders purchasing these items may be asked to send a copy of their driver’s license w/ payment.
MODERN FIREARMS - Marked “FFL” or “C&R FFL” in catalog. Kull Auction & Real Estate Company is a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer (FFL), and you can purchase these guns the same way you would from a gun shop. Live bidders may fill out the required form 4473, and get an instant FBI NICS background check by phone at the auction after you pay. If your NICS background check clears, as is usually the case, you can take the guns the same day. If there is a NICS delay, you will need to come back after NICS clears you.
* Modern long guns can be sold live at the auction to residents of most states.
* Modern hand guns can be sold live at the auction ONLY to residents of Kansas. Residents of other states may bid on & buy modern handguns, but must arrange shipment of modern handguns to an FFL dealer in their home state.
* Out of state & absentee bidders can have guns shipped to FFL dealers in their home town. Most gun shops will receive these for you and legally transfer them to you for a modest fee. You will need to have them send Kull Auction Co. a signed copy of their FFL with your name, noting it is for your purchases.
FFL LICENSEES - FFL Dealers are welcome to bid & buy, and we expect there will be bargains in this sale that can be money-makers for you. You will need a signed copy of your FFL for Kull Auction Co., the transferee for this sale (if you already have one on file with Old Town Station, you will need another for Kull Auction). We are glad to sell C&R eligible guns to C&R FFL’s (federally licensed firearms collectors). If you believe a gun is a C&R that we have not noted, it will be your responsibility to prove to us that it is C&R eligible if you wish to buy it on your license. Any such question will have to wait until after the other aspects of the auction have been settled to be addressed.
8. ABSENTEE BIDS - If you can’t attend the auction, you can place an absentee bid by mail or fax, or may bid live on the phone. Successful absentee bidders should receive their invoices within ten days of the sale, and must pay promptly. Absentee Bid Form.
By placing an absentee bid, you request and authorize us to bid on the lots listed on this form up to the stated bid price. An auction staff member will bid on your behalf, as if you were present and bidding and will try to buy for you at the lowest possible bid. To protect the integrity of the bidding process, it is our policy not to disclose the amount of an absentee bid to other potential bidders.
We assume no responsibility for failure to execute absentee bids for any reason whatsoever.
If you are the successful bidder, your total price will be the gavel price Plus a Buyers Premium, plus any applicable taxes.
Packing and shipping are available for an additional charge (see TERMS more info on shipping.)
If you are a Federal Firearms Licensee, enclose your signed Dealer’s FFL or C&R FFL.
All items are sold as is where is. See TERMS.
Bid increments are at the auctioneer’s discretion. Odd absentee bid figures will be rounded down. (i.e. $127.34 is treated as $125)
We cannot place illegible bids. You are responsible for your errors on lot number, price, multiple bids, etc.
Credit card information must accompany your bid, even if you do not plan to charge your purchase.
* PHONE BIDDERS - Please complete & send in form to request phone bidding. Absentee Bid Form.
* Successful bidders will be invoiced by Kull Auction within about 10 days of sale. Preliminary prices realized are posted at ArmsBid.com within a week of the sale. The period immediately after an auction is very hectic. Your understanding & patience is appreciated!
* We accept online absentee bids beginning about three weeks before the auction date.
* For information on absentee bidding, billing, payment, FFL compliance, consignor payout, or shipping, contact KULL AUCTION, 785-862-8800 or email bids@KullAuction.com
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 23-27 IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE AUCTION.
Our Office will be closed for bookkeeping, notify successful absentee bidders & celebrate Thanksgiving.
Policies on placing absentee bids:
Bid the maximum amount you are willing to bid on the item, and our staff will place the bid for you as if you were attending the auction and trying to bid as cheaply as possible, in competition with other absentee and live bidders. Remember that a buyer’s premium (and shipping if applicable) will be added on to your final bid if successful. If we have two or more absentee bids on an item, we may open the bidding at the lower of the two bids (since the higher absentee bidder will have to beat the 2nd absentee bidder to win the bid). We prefer not to open with a single absentee bid on an item. In the cases where we do, the opening bid will be no higher than the low end of the estimate.
9. ESTIMATES and RESERVES - We prefer to sell guns at auction with no reserve, and no minimum bid. If an auction is advertised as "NO RESERVE", that means there are no reserves, no minimum bids, and we are authorized to sell to the high bidder regardless of price. In auctions where reserves are allowed, no reserve may be higher than the low end of the estimated price range. The auctioneer has the sole discretion to no-sale a lot in which there appears to be no significant interest, or to combine it with other lot(s). The estimates published with item descriptions are our guesses only as to what that log might sell for. Any lot might sell for more or less than the estimated price range.
10. BUYERS WHO DO NOT OR CANNOT TAKE POSSESSION OF THE ITEMS THEY PURCHASE: If a bidder is unable to receive an item purchased because he is denied transfer of a transfer under legal restriction, or is unable to successfully arrange export or import of an international purchase, or for any other reason not solely Kull’s Old Town Station’s fault, the buyer is still responsible for payment in full to Kull’s Old Town Station for the gavel price plus applicable buyer's premium & additional expenses. The buyer may request shipment at the buyer's expense to an FFL dealer to resell a gun on the buyer's behalf. If buyer does not notify Kull’s Old Town Station of such arrangements within 60 days of the auction date, Kull’s Old Town Station may resell the lot at a future auction, charging the buyer the current standard seller’s commission for doing so, under the terms of the then current Kull’s Old Town Station standard consignment contract.