1. BIDDER ON-LINE REGISTRATION: Interested participants may register to bid for Live Auction items only through Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers Internet auction partner, Proxibid. You must register with Proxibid directly. You will receive confirmation, on-line identification, and Live Auction bidding instructions from www.proxibid.com. The bidder of record will be held responsible for the settlement in full of the outstanding account before any goods may be removed.
2. LIVE AUCTION BIDDING: Participants registered and approved by Proxibid may link to the Live Auction portion of the auction through Proxibid’s webcast and place bids against other Internet bidders as well as live bidders. Bidding activity will be displayed through Proxibid’s website.
3. SUCCESSFUL ON-LINE BIDDING: All items won by Internet bidders will be shown with the hammer price and Internet bidder user name at Proxibid’s website. Winning Internet bidders will receive an e-mail from Proxibid confirming their successful bids on the night of the auction.
4. PAYMENT FOR SUCCESSFUL ON-LINE BIDS: Winning Internet bidders must pay Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers directly for any items won. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are the ONLY forms of payment accepted. The successful buyer is expected to pay in full at the end of the Auction.
5. BUYERS PREMIUM: All sales are subject to a buyer’s premium of 15% of the hammer price.
6. SUCCESSFUL BIDDER: The highest bidder shall be the buyer, but in the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have the discretion to determine the successful bidder, or to re-offer the article in dispute. Such determination shall be final and binding.
7. REVOCATION OF BIDDING PRIVILEGES: Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers reserves the right to refuse to grant or to revoke the privilege of attending and/or bidding on this auction, to any person, at any time.
8. SALES TAX: No sales tax will be charged.
9. AUCTIONEER’S LIEN: Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers expressly reserves the right to retain possession of all goods sold at this sale until payment is received in full.
10. RIGHT OF SALE: Should any bidder default in paying for lot(s) purchased, by that bidder, or their agents, the bidder shall also be responsible for:
(a) any deficiency in the price between the resale amounts which should have been paid by the bidder;
(b) any costs incurred by Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers for the care and custody of such goods until they can be resold;
(c) the amount of commission that Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers would have earned had the bidder not refused payment, including the buyer’s premium.
11. BIDDER’S RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of the bidder are to inspect any goods upon which they are planning to bid, to check carefully for any damage or loss, and to satisfy themselves during the time of public preview as to the accuracy of our catalog descriptions.
12. BIDDERS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: The bidder acknowledges his or her acceptance of these Conditions of Sale when he or she exercises the option to bid.
13. REMOVAL OF GOODS: All purchases are final; no exchanges or refunds will be allowed. It is the winning buyer’s responsibility to make sure your item (s) are picked up and removed from the Auction site within 3 working days of this Auction.
(a) Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers has arranged for an outside shipping vendor to make their services available during the auction. The UPS Store in Niles, MI will be available to ship your item(s) to you. The
UPS Store will provide professional packaging, UPS shipping and insurance for
your special purchases. You may contact this shipping company in advance for
any questions. It is the responsibility of the buyer to pay the shipping
company that assists you with this transaction.
The UPS Store in Niles, Jim Lister, Owner, 269.683.7320. Email:
(b) Some Auction item (s) may be to large in size and/or weight for UPS to ship, therefore Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers recommends that you contact Craters and Freighters;
(c) It is the responsibility of the buyer to make shipping arrangements with a shipping company. Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers has made two recommendations above, however this is intended to assist the winning buyer with potential shipping company information only. Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers is in no way responsible for the picking up, transportation, packaging or shipping of any item;
(d) Please note that once you have made arrangements with the shipping vendor, Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers is not responsible for your item (s) and cannot, by shipping company regulations, intervene on your behalf with the shipper or carrier. You must resolve any concerns regarding damaged or lost during shipping by contacting the shipping vendor directly.
14. WARRANTIES: In all cases, any statements made by the auctioneer regarding authorship, age, date, origin, prior history or use, reason for sale, fitness for any purpose, etc. is merely an expression of the auctioneer’s opinion and the bidder agrees and understands that such expression is not a representation of fact or warranty under any circumstance.
15. CATALOG ENTRIES: Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers catalog entries are provided for guide purposes only. Information herein is drawn from markings on each item which Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers believes to be highly reliable.
(a) Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers reserves the right to add or withdraw items to or from the auction without notice;
(b) Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers has attempted to describe and catalog all items accurately, but all items are offered “as is, where is”;
(c) Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers neither warrants nor represents, and in no event shall be responsible for, the correctness of the descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, orally at the auction, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty, representation or assumption of liability. Items have not been appraised;
(d) Each bidder assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising there from Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers , its employees, the auctioneer, the auction company and its agents and employees, connected with the auction;
(e) All items purchased become the property of the successful bidder once that bidder is acknowledged by the auctioneer.
16. ABSENTEE BIDS: The auctioneer, as a courtesy to clients, will accept absentee bids for clients unable to attend this sale. Glassman * Smittendorf Auctioneers is not responsible for bids entered incorrectly or for bids missed, or any other errors or failures.