TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AUCTION
By registering to bid or placing a bid, you agree to be bound by all of these terms & conditions and any other announced terms and conditions of sale or rules of the site. All internet bidders agree that bids placed on the internet shall have the same legal effect as if they were in attendance at the auction in person. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BID. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS AND NO RETURNS!!!
1. All persons attending the exhibition, sale or removal of merchandise assume all risks of damage to person or property and specifically release and indemnify The Hamilton Group, LLC, from any liability.
2. All property is sold “AS IS”, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. The Hamilton Group, LLC may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall The Hamilton Group, LLC be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. If you have any questions about the merchandise, ASK THEM BEFORE BIDDING. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
3. All internet Bidders agree to pay a buyer’s premium equal to Thirteen and a half percent (15.0%) of the hammer price of each item they purchase. If the hammer price of an item is $100.00, the buyer’s premium will be $15.00 for a total purchase price of $115.00. Under state law, sales tax will be collected on this amount.
4. Bidders who bid from off site and are not present at the live auction or preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. The Hamilton Group, LLC shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. The Hamilton Group, LLC will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase for any reason accept an intentional and material misrepresentation of the item itself made by The Hamilton Group, LLC. Bidder’s sole remedy in the event of an intentional and material misrepresentation of an item shall be to return the item, at their expense and in the same condition it was shipped to them. If The Hamilton Group, LLC agrees that the item was materially and intentionally misrepresented The Hamilton Group, LLC will refund the Bidder’s purchase price to him/her. Bidder agrees that under no circumstances whatsoever will The Hamilton Group, LLC ever be liable to any bidder for an amount greater than the purchase price of the item they purchased.
5. The Hamilton Group, LLC is providing internet pre-auction and live bidding as a service to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against The Hamilton Group, LLC or anyone else if the internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. The Hamilton Group, LLC will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. The Hamilton Group, LLC reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
6. The auctioneer shall advance the bidding at his own discretion. The Hamilton Group, LLC may withdraw any item before or during the auction. Should a tie or a dispute arise between two bidders, the auctioneer may, at his discretion, reopen the bidding until the property is sold. From time to time The Hamilton Group, LLC may accept items with reserves prices. The Hamilton Group, LLC reserves the right to bid on behalf of the owner on items on which there may be a reserve. The record of the auction made by The Hamilton Group, LLC shall be conclusive.
7. The Hamilton Group, LLC reserves the right to charge the Bidder’s credit card the full amount of any or all of Bidders pre or live bids at any time. The credit card submitted during the registration process will be charged following the auction. When the auctioneer says, “sold” Bidder assumes full responsibility for the merchandise. Everything MUST be paid for in full at the conclusion of the auction. We also accept payments with CASH, VISA, MasterCard, Paypal, Certified Check- Checks of any kind must be accompanied by an irrevocable bank letter of credit guaranteeing payment to The Hamilton Group, LLC and approved at least 24 hours in advance of the auction. If a check accepted by The Hamilton Group, LLC is returned for any reason bidder agrees that The Hamilton Group, LLC may re-present it in person or electronically and collect the amount of the check as well as the highest service charges and fees allowed under [Connecticut] law. If paying by certified check with a bank letter of credit Buyer shall immediately send payment by overnight priority mail to: The Hamilton Group – 616 East Main Street, Branford, CT 06405. If The Hamilton Group, LLC does not receive payment by the Friday following the auction, the bidder agrees that The Hamilton Group, LLC shall add an administrative collection fee of $100.00 to their balance due. Any amount left unpaid shall accrue interest at the highest rate allowed under [insert auction Connecticut] state law. Unless exempted by law, the purchaser shall pay all applicable taxes. Bidder agrees to indemnify The Hamilton Group, LLC against any claim if sales tax is not collected on Bidder’s purchases. Bidder agrees to not stop payment on any check paid to The Hamilton Group, LLC. Bidder further agrees that under no circumstances will he/she initiate a chargeback on his/her credit card. Title to the merchandise transfers to Bidder only when Bidder’s payment has been honored.
8. All property shall be removed from the premises by the Bidder at her/his own risk and expense within the time period announced. ALL MERCHANDISE PURCHASED AT THIS AUCTION MUST BE REMOVED BY THE NEXT DAY FRIDAY AUGUST 27th THE AUCTION AT 2:30 PM UNLESS SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH The Hamilton Group, LLC. ITEMS NOT REMOVED BY THIS TIME WILL HAVE A CHARGE OF $10 PER LOT, PER DAY ADDED AND MAY BE FORFEITED. Internet bidders should arrange to pick up their purchases within this time. Any merchandise not removed by bidder will be forfeited. Bidder shall have no claim to merchandise not removed by the above date. unless other arrangements have been made.
9. Bidder agrees that this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of [Connecticut] and hereby grants sole jurisdiction and agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of a court of subject matter jurisdiction located in [New Haven County and Connecticut]. Bidder agrees and grants that service of process on them may be obtained by mailing a certified letter, containing a summons, postage prepaid, to them at the address they provided to register. Should a dispute arise between The Hamilton Group, LLC and Bidder, Bidder waives any right to a trial or hearing in a court of law and agrees to settle the dispute through binding arbitration in Weld County, Connecicut.
10. The Hamilton Group, LLC may refuse a buyer’s number to anyone for any reason. Bidder agrees to provide any identification The Hamilton Group, LLC may request including but not limited to: drivers license, photocopies of credit cards, Social Security card or US Passport. Bidder agrees to comply with any stated additional terms or conditions associated with particular items.
11. We want you to be happy with your purchases. If you have questions about the merchandise, the time to ask questions is well in advance of the live auction. No returns are allowed. By registering for this auction, you have been added to our free emailed Whitley Auction Updated. Each email includes a link to un-subscribe. Please do not report our emails as spam. Thank you for your patronage.