POLICY AMENDMENTS AND AMENDMENT NOTIFICATION
- If you believe your compliant has not been adequately addressed by Proxibid, you can raise any concerns with PrivacyTrust, and they will serve as a third party contact to facilitate resolution of any dispute.
SAFE HARBOR PARTICIPATION
- In accordance with our commitment to protect personal privacy, Proxibid complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Proxibid has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. These principles and FAQs may be found at: http://www.export.gov/safeharbor
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Proxibid collects information from each user of the Proxibid Web site that creates a bidder account with Proxibid (a "Buyer").
- Proxibid also collects information from each auction company that creates a seller account with Proxibid ("Seller").
- Proxibid's purpose is to provide Buyers an opportunity to participate in live auctions when they cannot be physically present at the auction site. Proxibid broadcasts the live auction over the Internet and allows Buyers to place bids in real time. Proxibid can also place automated bids on behalf of a Buyer unable to personally monitor the auction broadcast. Proxibid also provides timed online auctions services.
- All auctions are operated by independent Sellers. Proxibid has no control over operation of the actual auctions. Proxibid only maintains the Internet interface between the Seller and Buyer. Each Buyer expressly authorizes Proxibid to deliver the Buyer information to any Seller conducting an auction in which the Buyer participates. See "Disclosure of Buyer Information to Sellers" below. Sellers may or may not have their own privacy policies.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY PROXIBID
- Proxibid collects contact information to sign you up as a Buyer or Seller. Buyer information is provided to the individual Sellers when a Buyer applies for participation in one of their auctions.
- Proxibid requires each Buyer who creates an account on Proxibid.com to voluntarily submit the following "Primary Data", regardless of whether the Buyer participates in any auction:
- First Name
- Last Name
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Preferred Language
- Proxibid requires each Buyer to create the following for security purposes:
- Security Question
- When a Buyer participates in an auction, Buyer may be asked to submit the following "Secondary Data" before the Buyer is allowed to place a bid:
- Phone Number
- Type of Phone Line
- Billing Information including Credit Card and CVV2
- Shipping Address
- State Tax Identification Number (if requested by the Seller)
- Social Security Number to verify Buyer's identity using AuctionGuard? to determine Buyer's eligibility to participate in certain auctions. Proxibid stores only the last four digits of any Social Security number.
- Proxibid requires each Seller who creates an account on Proxibid.com to voluntarily submit the following information:
- Auction Company Name
- Contact Name
- Address - including City, State, Country, Zip
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- E-mail Address
- Website URL
- Proxibid requires each Seller to create the following for security purposes:
- Security Question
- In addition, Proxibid requires each Seller to submit a merchant application with the following information:
- For primary contact person and individuals with access to account: Name, Title, Phone, E-mail, Date of Birth, Last four digits of Social Security number, Residential address
- Primary Category of Items Selling
- Auctioneer License Number and Name on License
- Auction Association Affiliations
- Tax Id Number
- Date Business Commenced
- Type of Business (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, non-profit, other)
- Company URL
- Estimated Number of Monthly Transactions Online
- Average Transaction Amount
- Bankruptcy History
- Copy of Formation Document (Certificate of Incorporation, etc.)
- In addition to information provided directly to Proxibid in connection with Buyer profiles and participating in auctions, Proxibid automatically collect and analyze the following information for internal purposes only to allow our software to function properly and to validate your bids:
- Computer Networking Interfaces (includes Internal IP Address) (also used for risk/fraud prevention purposes)
- External IP Address
- Host Name
- Username Defined by the Operating System (usually not any real person's name)
- Java Runtime; Java Vendor; Java Version
- JVM Name; JVM Version
- Operating System
- Operating System Architecture - 32-bit or 64-bit
- Operating System Version; Patch Level
- User Home Directory
- Browser Type; Browser Version
- Operating System Time Zone; Language; Country
- Details of Available CPUs
- Number of Processor Core
- Name of Personal Computer
- Screen Height (in pixels); Screen Width (in pixels).
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Buyers and Sellers may obtain access to their personal information to review, update and correct using the Proxibid web site.
- Buyers and Sellers may withdraw personal information by contacting Proxibid at 1-877-505-7770.
- Requests to withdraw personal information could render the Buyer?s or Seller?s account inactive.
COMMUNICATION OPT-IN / REMOVAL
- Our Web site gives you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communication from Proxibid and our partners at the point where you create your account. If you wish to remove your information from our database to stop receiving communications or our service, you may send an E-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that Buyers who opt out may still receive communications from Sellers. Opting out of Proxibid communications has no impact upon a Seller's use of Buyer information. Buyers should contact a Seller directly to opt out of communications from a Seller.
- SMS Text Disclosure. Opt in via www.proxibid.com to receive SMS Text message containing auction reminders, offers acceptances and other notifications. By opting-in you specifically acknowledge that your wireless carrier may charge for messages sent or received and that you are solely responsible for such charges and that Proxibid may collect, use and disclose the information you provide to enable this service. Message frequency is variable and based on your subscription to receive notifications. One message per request for auction reminders. Text STOP to 25884 to opt out. For support: Text HELP to 258841, call 1-877-505-7770 or email email@example.com. Participating carriers include: Alltel, AT&T, MetroPCS, Cricket, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Sprint, Google Voice, Cincinnati Bell, Virgin Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Your personal information is used in the following ways:
- User IDs and Passwords - Provides you with access to your profile and to protected content;
- Account Information - Provides us with information about who you are and how to contact you, along with any preferences you have provided, such as language, E-mail format and interests. Also, provides us with data for internal auditing and reporting;
- AuctionGuard? - Provides us with information needed to determine eligibility in specific auctions. AuctionGuard? is Proxibid's proprietary software that relies on FastData? and Financial Transmission Network, Inc., as well as a Buyer's history within Proxibid's platform, to determine a Buyer's eligibility "score." Sellers may use this score to allow or to limit eligibility for certain auctions. Accordingly, a Buyer's AuctionGuard? score may be disclosed to a Seller in connection with a Buyer's application to participate in the Seller's auction;
- Customer Feedback and Support - Provides you with a mechanism for requesting information from Proxibid. Also, provides you with a mechanism to tell us how we can improve our services and site design;
- E-mail Correspondence - Provides us with an avenue to raise and respond to issues and inquiries of all types. Also, provides us a way to distribute information about Proxibid services and upcoming auctions.
- Public Forums
- Proxibid may provide its users with chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Please also note that Proxibid is not responsible for any content posted in these areas. Although Proxibid has the right to monitor all information disclosed in these areas, it is under no obligation to do so.
- Children's Privacy
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF BUYER INFORMATION TO SELLERS
- Each Buyer expressly authorizes and directs Proxibid to deliver to the Seller any information Buyer has provided to us which is requested by the Seller in order for Buyer to participate in an auction. This may include any and all information listed above under "Information Collected by Proxibid." Buyer also authorizes us to disclose Buyer's AuctionGuard? "score" to any Seller which requests such information to determine Buyer's eligibility to participate in an auction.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
- Your information may be disclosed to unaffiliated third-parties in the following situations:
- To vendors and service providers engaged by Proxibid to perform services or functions on behalf of Proxibid. Such third-parties shall be obligated to use your personally identifiable information solely in connection with providing such services;
- To enforce our Unified User Agreement or otherwise protect our rights;
- To resolve disputes between users;
- We may disclose bidding and price information, auction item descriptions, and other auction data to third-parties
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of Proxibid. As Proxibid continues to mature, it is possible that Proxibid or substantially all of its assets may be acquired. In such a transaction, customer information will be one of the transferred business assets
DISCLOSURE AS REQUIRED BY LAW
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal information is not disposed of as we keep all information regarding the selling and purchase of each lot, but all applicable information is managed to ensure the privacy expectations set forth in this policy.
- Proxibid has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. We restrict access to your personal identification and contact information within the company to only those authorized employees who need to use that information for a specific job function.
- Though Proxibid employs security measures designed to safeguard online transactions and personal information, we cannot be responsible if a third-party gains access to the database or your personal or credit card information by evading our security measures. If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions regarding the security of our site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POLICY LAST AMENDED:
- August 13,2015
? 2015 Proxibid, Inc. All rights reserved. Proxibid, the Proxibid logo, and AuctionGuard are trademarks of Proxibid, Inc. FastData is a registered trademark of First Data Integrated Services Inc. All other brands, product names or trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.