Internet Premium: 15% Participation Requirements: Valid Credit Card required for bidding approval Payment Options: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Visa MasterCard Discover Payment Instructions: ALL accounts will be settled at the conclusion of this auction. We will immediately charge the credit card you have on file with Proxibid for your purchases, plus buyer's premiums, and any taxes. *** A $25 service fee will be charged to any account who's credit card on file is declined requiring additional time and telephone contact to establish payment for merchandise or shipping. Please respond immediately to this email if you KNOW that you need to use an alternative credit card.***
PICK UP FOR LOCAL BIDDERS: Thursday, October 6th, at our office, 117 E. 9th. St., Auburn, IN. form 4-5:30pm ONLY.
YOUR SHIPPING COSTS: You will be charged actual shipping plus $60/hour pack time (this figure is prorated by the minute). This amount will be put in the "Shipping" section of a SECOND invoice. Your card will THEN be immediately charged this amount.
Currency Type: USD Shipping Instructions: PICK UP FOR LOCAL BIDDERS: Thursday, October 6th, at our office, 117 E. 9th. St., Auburn, IN. form 4-5:30pm ONLY.
YOUR SHIPPING COSTS: Shipping will begin on Friday, Oct. 7th. You will be charged actual shipping plus $60/hour pack time (this figure is prorated by the minute). This amount will be put in the "Shipping" section of a SECOND invoice. Your card will THEN be immediately charged this amount. Preview Date & Times: Items may be viewed by appointment anytime during business hours. Please call us at 260.925.2796. Checkout Date & Times: PICK UP FOR LOCAL BIDDERS: Thursday, October 6th, at our office, 117 E. 9th. St., Auburn, IN. form 4-5:30pm ONLY. All remaining items will be shipped beginning Friday, Oct. 7th. Location: 117 E. 9th. Street, Auburn, IN Driving Directions: South side of Court House Square, Auburn, IN.
On-line Bidding Terms:
1. YOUR BID IS A CONTRACT TO BUY should you be the winning bidder. Absolutely NO REFUNDS. Littlejohn Auctions has put forth every effort in preparing the catalog for this auction to provide accurate descriptions of all items. All property is sold "AS IS" and it is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. Please call with any questions prior to bidding.
2. FOR LIVE INTERNET BIDDING: There is a 15% Buyer's Premium added to the total.
3. All accounts will be settled at the conclusion of the auction. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Cards ONLY. Your credit card will be charged for your purchases, plus buyer’s premiums, any taxes. A second billing will be made after items are shipped to include the actual postage plus handling fee (our handling fee is $60/hour - we never charge for materials). A pre-auction authorization will be performed to establish available credit. PLEASE NOTE, A $25 service fee will be charged to all accounts where the credit card on file is declined and a telephone call or other communication by our department is necessary to collect payment. (Please notify us immediately at the conclusion of the auction if you need us to use a card other than the card on file.)
4. PICK UP FOR LOCAL BIDDERS: Thursday, October 6th, at our office, 117 E. 9th. St., Auburn, IN. form 4-5:30pm ONLY.
6. In order to better serve our customers, all bidders must provide their name, address, daytime phone number, and email address at which they can be contacted. This is to insure good communication between Littlejohn Auctions, Inc. and the bidder throughout any transactions.
7. The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by the auction company in the collection of funds. The purchaser also agrees that a fee of 4% per month be added to the balance of any unpaid balance due the auction company and any other costs or losses incurred by the purchasers failure to adhere to these terms. Any debt collection or dispute proceedings will be heard in Dekalb County, Indiana.
8. The auctioneer has the sole discretion to advance the bidding and may reject a nominal advance, should it in his estimation prove injurious to the auction. The auctioneer shall be the final judge in all bidding disputes and shall name a bidder as the purchaser. IF THERE IS AN INTERNETS FAILURE during bidding, the auction will continue as normal and the item will be sold to the bidder (live or online) with the highest bid at the point at which the hammer falls.
9. The auction company shall not be held responsible for any "missed" bids or bids unseen by the auctioneer.
10. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Your bid IS A CONTRACT TO BUY should you win.
11. By bidding on any item, the bidder shows acceptance of the terms of the auction.
12. The auction company reserves the right to refuse service to any person.
13. All announcements made day of auction take precedence over any and all written or verbal statements.
All property is sold “AS IS”, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. (Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall (Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
Bidders who bid from off site and are not present at the live auction or preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. (Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it.
(Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.
(Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) is providing Internet pre-auction and live bidding as a service to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against (Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. (Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. (Littlejohn Auctions,Inc.) reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
By clicking the Confirm Bid button, you are agreeing to the terms of sale.
By clicking "Confirm Buy" you are agreeing to the terms of the sale.
Instant Purchase items may have additional fees such as an Internet Premium, Sales Tax, Shipping or other fees
not included in the Instant Purchase price. Please see Auction Information for full details.
"Tax, Shipping & Handling and Internet Premium not included.
See Auction Information for full details."
Please do not show confirmation for remainder of session.
ALL found on private land near Pokagon State Park, Angola, Indiana. 8.5" Long, 1.75" wide, .25" narrow - Black Flint Lance. 110 Bird Points black and grey flint. All s...moreizes approximate. Nice collection in glass top wooden case.
2.5" Knife Blade, 1" width, 1/2" narrow. (mid left). 8.5" Long, 2.25" width, .25" narrow Colored Stone Lance/Spear. Beautiful colored stone bird points (56x). All fou...morend on private land in Boise, Idaho. All sizes approximate. Very nice cared for collection in glass top wooden case.
Found on the owner's Father's private land in Ohio. 4" Long Spear (1.5" wide and 1/4" narrow). 9.25" long, 2" wide, 1/4" narrow Light Grey Flint Lance. Rare centerpiec...moree of this collection. Knife Blade 1.25" Long, 3/4" wide, 1/2" narrow. Nice collection in glass top wooden case. All sizes are approximate.
1. VERY old Native American war clubs, bought at Estate Auction. Sizes are 20", 18", and 14". Very nice condition. 2. Native American Flute. Approx 17" and appears ...moreto be made of reed. Marked with various designs. CAN be played. 3. Cradle Papoose Basket. It is around 19" long, 12" wide, and 7" deep. 3 Twisted branches for handle. Very nice condition. 4. Very Old Cloth Pouch. Inside includes a round stone marble for child or crushing food (approx 4"). Miniature toy stone hatchet, tomahawk head, 4.5" long x 1 5/8" round point. Black Flint. These artifacts were purchased at Wawasee, Indiana in 1975 and have been stored since then by our collector. Very nice find.
Oval shape at each end. Easily opened. It is 12.5" long. Very little rust, great patina. Inside are documents from Simons & Simons 1876, Charleston, South Carolina. ...moreThe father was a Confederate General in the Civil War. The son was a Lieutenant in the war. Before and after war, they were layers in Charleston, SC. (This information derived from UNC-Chapel Hill Library Catalogue, Called james Simons Papers. This letter has their names, address (77 Broad St., Charleston, SC, 1876). Difficult to read. This particular letter as well as others in container are receipts. (Some for funeral home expenses.) ALSO in document holder is a round box with a gold metal pull chain attached to a fob. The round case says "Key Chain Mcdougall Pat-2-24-03. Attached pin in nice shape.
Lid is marked Diamond match Company. Appears to be point-of-sale display. Inside box is a full box of diamond matches manufactured by Diamond match., Co., Oshkosh, Wisc...moreonsin. This is a full box of square matches form the Civil War Era. Metal box is 8.5" x 5.25" x 5" deep. Side of box says "Chip Matches". Also, "Pass in the Night" Manufactured by Diamond Match Co.". Nice patina.
Scooner is 3 mast with flag on rear of ship. Box is wooden - 11.25" x 7.5" x 2" deep. (Approx) Has rope design on top. Appears to be from Civil War Era. Very nice co...morendition. In box: 1. Straight Edge Razor with blade that says, "medium size, gollow ground razor, Roberson & Maples Manufacturing, maples York & Sheffleids." Nice condition. 2. Flint in leather holder approx 3" long x 1 3/4" wide, 1/2" around. Nicely stitched. 3. Spoon & Fork. Spoon has fancy crest of a ship anchor. Fork is three pronged. Handle has nice patina, wood. 3 Rivets to hold handle together. 4. Wooden Scoop. Flat at bottom. 8.25" x 3" x 3.5". No cracks. Nice piece.
1. Civil War Era home match box on leather strap. Above box is a Civil War Medal, with eagle (wingsup). Eagle appears to be on top of a globe. Interesting. 2. Woode...moren box for flint. Box is 7.5" x 1.5" x .5" deep. All hand carved. Inside is long flints with sway from use as sword sharpener. Flint is 6" long and at least 1/2" deep embedded in wood. Case bottom is dated 1865.
Sea ink well marked by fancy anchor. Marked "K.K.A." Well is purple in color (either glass color or ink stained - unclear). Very nice condition This lot also includes...more a dated document. Dated: 20th November 1866. Also noted are Georgetown, SC and May 15, 1880. There is a 4 page Abstract of 250 Acres of land in great detail. Very nice handwritten abstract.
Our collector believes this belt to be from the Civil War era. Zipper is good. In belt is 3" long gold toned mechanical pencil. Very interesting. Belt also includes v...moreery old paper detailing the amount of something. ($14.00) ?? Fun find.