Terms and Conditions
1) GENERAL: All property is sold “AS IS”, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet, via phone, and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Descriptions in the catalog are opinion. They are written as an aid to potential bidders. We acknowledge that there may be errors in what is written. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. The description of all items is opinion only and/or information from the Consignor of the item. TGP is not responsible for verifying the information given from the Consignor, that is at the duty of the buyer/bidder. There are no refunds, returns or charge backs. We are not jewelers or gemologists, please check your jewelry/gold, etc before bidding. We have checked some items with a diamond tester, we cannot guarentee any diamonds due to the risk of the tester not being 100% accurate.
2) BUYERS PREMIUM: All bid prices will be subject to a buyer’s premium payable by the purchaser of 15% of the bid price. The premium is added to your successful bid and the two together equal the total purchase price. Some items are exempt from Illinois sales tax and others may be subject to Illinois sales tax or local sales tax. The tax is computed on the total purchase price.
3) PAYMENT ON PURCHASES: All accounts must be settled at the conclusion of the auction. We accept Visa & MasterCard ONLY. A pre-auction authorization will be performed to establish available credit. NOTHING will be charged to your card until a purchase is made. Credit card chargeback’s will not be accepted and will be charged a $25.00 fee if processed. Auction house reserves the right to request a different form of payment (wire transfer or cashiers check) for larger amounts. If your item is to be shipped, your credit card will be charged twice 1) for the purchase and 2) for the shipping/handling. Shipping is done with 10 days of the auction and is charged to the buyer. Shipping cost is the sole responsibility of the buyer. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure correct shipping. TGP will work within reason with a shipping co. obtained & scheduled by the buyer to ship oversized & over-weight items to the buyer. TGP is not responsible for any damage that may occur as the result of wrapping, loading/shipping of such items.
4) BIDDERS RESPONSIBITY: It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet, via phone, and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. The description of all items is opinion only and/or information from the Consignor of the item. TGP is not responsible for verifying the information given from the Consignor, that is at the duty of the buyer/bidder. At the announcement of “SOLD”, the highest bidder will have purchased the offered lot. This purchase is subject to all the terms and conditions set forth herein. The purchaser assumes full responsibility thereof and, if requested, will sign a confirmation of the purchase. The purchaser further agrees to pay the purchase price, buyer’s premium, handling fee and any other posted fees. All items purchased by successful bidders must be paid for in full the day of sale. All items purchased by absentee bidders must be paid for in full immediately upon notification. All property must be removed from our premises at the purchaser’s expense no later than 5:00 p.m. three days following the date of sale unless otherwise agreed. If the property is not removed, the property will be resold at the purchaser’s expense and a commission fee of 50%, plus storage fees will apply. We may apply against such obligations monies held or received by us for the account of, or owing to, the purchaser. Payment will not be deemed made in full until we have collected all amounts due in cash on good funds (by our definition). If the conditions of sale are not complied with, in addition to remedies available to us and the consignor by law, we hold the purchaser liable for the purchase price, buyer’s premium, and applicable handling fees. We at our option may either (1) cancel the sale, retain as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (2) resell the property either publicly or privately, and in such an event the purchaser shall be liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs and expenses of both sales and our commission at our standard rates. The purchaser is also responsible for all other charges due hereunder, i.e., attorney’s fees and incidental damages, etc. TGP is not responsible for bidders/purchasers who do not read the terms and conditions provided before the auction. Bottom line is if you bid on it and you are successful you now own it.
5) RESERVES: Some items in this auction may be subject to reserve (the confidential minimum price). If a lot is offered with a reserve, we may implement that reserve by bidding on behalf of the consignor. If no opening bid is received we will pass the item. However once bidding is opened we will bid on behalf of the consignor to reach the reserve price. Items which are not reserved are sold at the auctioneer’s discretion.
6) SHIPPING: TGP box and package all items at our facility to keep costs down for our customers. TGP only charges for the shipping and a small handling fee for the boxes and packing materials. Handling fees are $1-$7 based on the box and contents. We are not responsible for lost or damaged items. We do include insurance on all items for the purchase price only. Large items too big for regular shipping will be handled on a case by case basis and TGP will work with the buyer to set up shipping.
7) INTERNET BIDDING: Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate is providing Internet pre-auction and live bidding as a service to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Tallgrass Prairie Auction & Real Estate reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction. On lots that have choice, winning internet and absentee bidders are required to take all of the items in that lot times the price (example: lot contains 5 items and an internet bidder wins the first bid at $4.00, the total price is $20.00), unless noted in the description or announced by the auctioneer. All bidding, winning bids, and any other items during the auction are the sole discretion of the auctioneer. The auctioneer is the sole determiner of all aspects of the auction while it is in progress and prior to and after the auction on items involving the auction.
8) LOCAL PURCHASES/PICK-UPS: All local pick-ups must be done within 3 business days of the auction. Please contact us if you are a local buyer and want your item shipped. We will assume you are picking up your items, unless you note differently.
All items sell as is, where is, no warranties express or implied. All sales are final. If you have questions on these terms and conditions, they must be asked PRIOR to the auction, not after. We are not responsible for bidders who do not read the terms and conditions before accepting them.