The following Terms and Conditions of Sale are Lawson & Co. and its sellers entire agreement with the purchaser relative to the property listed in this auction catalog and proxibid.com. These Terms and conditions of Sale and all other contents of this catalog and proxibid.com are subject to amendment during or before the sale. The property will be offered by Lawson & Co. as agents for the seller.
1. Lawson & Co. operate as agents of the seller only. They are not responsible in the event any buyer or seller at the auction sale fails to live up to their respective agreements. The sales price shall consist of the final bid price plus the buyer’s premium, plus any applicable sales tax. The buyer’s premium is 15% of the online bid of the final bid price.
2. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer, all bids are per lot as numbered in the catalog. Successful bidders shall pay for their purchases during or immediately following the auction. Payment may be made by cash, credit card, or check with a bank Letter of Credit made payable to Lawson & Co.
3. All sales are final, with no exchanges or refunds. Title to the lot passes to buyer upon the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer and the announcement by the auctioneer that the lot has been sold, subject to compliance by the buyer with all other Conditions of the Sale. The buyer assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot and shall immediately pay the full purchase price. In addition, buyer may be required to sign a confirmation of purchase. We reserve the right to impose a late charge of 18% per annum of the total purchase price if payment is not made in accordance with this paragraph.
4. No lot may be removed from our premises until the buyer has paid the purchase price in full. Subject to the foregoing, all lots are to be paid for and removed from our premises at the buyer’s expense within twenty-four hours after the conclusion of the auction. Buyer may make arrangements with representatives of Lawson & Co for shipment of purchased items. However, such shipping is at the entire risk of buyer, as Lawson & Co. shall not be responsible for acts or omissions in shipping or packaging or those of other carriers, whether recommended or selected by Lawson & Co. or not.
5. Unless exempted by law, the purchaser is required to pay Indiana State Sales Tax. This tax is not applicable on out-of-state shipments.
6. All property will be sold “AS IS,” and Lawson & Co. do not make any guarantees, warranties or representations, expressed or implied, as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, the correctness of the catalog or quality, rarity, importance, medium, provenance, authenticity exhibitions, literature or historical relevance of any property. No statement, anywhere, whether oral or written, whether made in catalog, an advertisement, a bill of sale, a salesroom posting or announcement, or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation or assumption of liability. In no event shall Lawson & Co. be responsible for genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or condition of the purchased property and no verbal statements made regarding this property either before or after the sale of the state property, or in any bill of sale, or invoice or catalog or advertisement or elsewhere shall be deemed such a guarantee of genuineness.
7. Lawson & Co. reserves the right to withdraw any property at any time before the actual sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
8. All property will be sold regardless of price, to the highest bidder without reserve. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer shall have the final discretion to determine the successful bidder, cancel the sale, or reopen and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Lawson & Co. sale record shall be final and conclusive. Lawson & Co. at their discretion, may execute orders or absentee bids as a convenience to clients who are not present at the auction; however, Lawson & Co. are not responsible for any errors or omissions in connection therewith.
9. All buyers will be required to sign a Release of Liability and Non-Shooting Statement, releasing Lawson & Co., and the sellers from any liability due to injury from the action or shooting of any firearm.
10. Bidding increments will be as follows but may vary at the sole discretion of the auctioneer.
Under 500 25
500 – 1,000 50
1,000 – 2,000 100
2,000 – 5,000 250
5,000 – 50,000 500
50,000 and over 1,000
All property is sold “AS IS”, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Lawson & Co may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall Lawson & Co be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
We accept Visa, MasterCard. All credit card payments will be charged at the conclusion of the auction for your purchases plus Buyer's Premium and any applicable taxes. NOTHING will be charged to your card until a purchase is made. Bidder agrees that under no circumstances will he/she initiate a charge back on his/her credit card. All shipments made out of the state of Indiana do NOT have to pay the 6% sales tax.
Firearms will be shipped to an FFL Agent of Purchasers Choice. Buyers are required to mail or fax a signed copy of his (or transfer dealer/agents) license. If special shipping is requested the purchaser may contact Lawson & Co. Firearms will be shipped for a fee of $35 per gun, including insurance.
Ammunition or Knives requires proof of age before they can be shipped.
ALL STATE & FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS APPLY TO THIS AUCTION.
Bidders who bid from off site and are not present at the live auction or preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Lawson & Co shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it.
Lawson & Co will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.
Lawson & Co is providing Internet pre-auction and live bidding as a service to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Lawson & Co or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. Lawson & Co will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Lawson & Co reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.